Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Spray me baby


Hi, my name's Cassandra and I'm a spray-tan-aholic. The day has finally come where I joined that elusive, yet ridiculed, club of girls who must be tanned spring, autumn or winter. I used to point and laugh (not literally of course, more-so in my head) at that breed of oompa-lompas who looked like they had been spray painted orange in the middle of winter. My philosophy was that a fake tan during the colder months looked unnatural, odd and just plain funny. Why not enhance that 'winter white' skin colour with luscious red lips or a peachy blush, you know, make the most of what you've got? Which is true to an extent, we can only rely on the superficial for so much and at what point are we real? No fake lashes, no hair extensions, no fake tan...

Well, guess what, when you're out on the town or at a party, REAL is BORING. I was sick of my ghostly white arms and frankly no amount of moisturiser or 'enhancer' could take away from my scaly white winter legs (which, trust me, is not a good look when you take out the party dresses). And so the obsession began. In my defence though, the spray-tan only comes out for special occassions, and boy what a difference it makes. It lenghthens my legs, hides all those little dimples and lines near my thighs and minimal make-up is needed. Sure, it might be 'fake', but it gives you a confidence boost that money can't buy (ok, so you need to 'buy' a professional spray tan, but the added confidence lasts for days).

No comments:

Post a Comment